RELIABILITY ENGINEERING: ITS IMPACT ON TRANSPORTATION CONTROL SYSTEMS
Development of Reliability and Maintainability Requirements for transportation controls is described. Reliability and maintainability can be specified, predicted and measured. Some of the methods used by General Railway Signal are described: Reliability Predictions; Apportionment-Allocation Analysis; Maintainability Predictions, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA); Design Reviews (which include Reliability Design Criteria, Piece Part Derating & Application, and Burn-in of Piece Parts to Reduce Early Failures); and Failure Reporting-Correction Action Loop.
General Railway Signal Co,
- Schwartz, H C
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Design; Electronic control; Failure analysis; Maintainability; Reliability; Signal devices; Specifications
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Electronic control systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00152679
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pamphlet 1508
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM