ILLINOIS RAIL SYSTEM PLAN--PHASE 2
This State Rail Plan is the qualification of the State of Illinois for Section 402 of the Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973 for funds to continue local rail services on Penn Central lines that would otherwise be abandoned. The objectives are minimizing of the adverse impacts of changes in the transportation system and maintenance of an adequate, balanced transportation system to serve the State. Of 280.5 miles of PC trackage not recommended for inclusion in Conrail, 39.6 miles were out of service and not eligible for subsidy. The remaining 240.9 miles are recommended for sale to solvent railroads or for service-continuation subsidies.
Springfield, IL USA 62706
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Benefit cost analysis; Branch lines; Policy; Railroad transportation; States; Subsidies; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Conrail; Penn Central Transportation Company
- Geographic Terms: Illinois
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Regional rail reorganization act; State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00152661
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Illinois Department of Transportation
- Report/Paper Numbers: Plan Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM