EVALUATION OF PAVEMENT SUBSURFACE DRAINAGE CONDITIONS IN OHIO
In this research report, the drainage conditions in Ohio will be reviewed, and an overall assessment of drainage-associated problems, mechanism of moisture-induced damage, and the hydraulics of drainage systems will be discussed. In addition, a historical review of Ohio's shoulder and drainage designs is presented in Chapter II of this study. The results of field evaluations of pavement drainage conditions and an in-depth investigation of numerous test sites are presented in Chapter III. These field studies included the installation of well points, dynamic deflection measurements, visual site observations, and sampling of test sites for further laboratory evaluation. Detailed sampling of field sites were conducted to obtain an estimation of the permeability characteristics of pavement components and other material properties of the base and subbase. In Chapter IV of this report, the coefficient of permeability, gradation analyses, stability, and density of the base and subbase materials are presented. Furthermore, experiments were also conducted on various open-graded mixtures for the design of drainage blankets. The stability of various Ohio mixtures for use in drainage systems were also studied.
- Sponsored by the Ohio Department of Transportation.
Majidzadeh (Kamran)1168 Circle-on-the-Green
Worthington, OH United States 43085
- Majidzadeh, K
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 194 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregate gradation; Density; Drainage; Moisture content; Pavements; Permeability; Stability (Mechanics); Subsurface drainage
- Old TRIS Terms: Dynamic deflection determination; Gradation
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00152537
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: OHIO-DOT-05-76 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 14256(0)
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM