CONTROL SYSTEM FOR OFFSHORE GAS TURBINES. COMPARING EXPERIENCE WITH NEW TECHNIQUES
When Stal-Laval decided to introduce offshore applications to its gas turbine program it meant that new control systems, capable of meeting the special requirements of offshore operations, had to be developed. This paper deals with the discussions and arguments for and against the various alternatives considered, and explains the final decision to use modifications of existing solutions in respect of general techniques. Thus it was found that, for offshore applications, a conventional relay system is preferable and that an analog technique is the best solution for the turbine governor.
- Proceedings of Symposium on Automation in Office Oil Field Operation," Bergen, June 14-17, 1976.
INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUTOMATIC COMTROLOXFORD OXFORDSHIRE, England
International Federation of Automatic Control, Laxenburg (Austria); International Federation for Information Processing, Geneva (Switzerland),
- Ljung, L R
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Gas turbines; Offshore power plants
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00152520
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM