HIGH-INTEGRITY SAFETY SYSTEMS FOR OFFSHORE PLATFORMS
The Author discusses the important role of electronic systems in the monitoring and surveillance of plant machinery and environment on offshore oil and gas production platforms. The principal safety requirements in the main areas of operation on production platforms are defined and the design and operation of monitoring and surveillance systems and automatic emergency shutdown systems are described. The final section of the paper deals with the design, development and manufacture of high-integrity electronic equipment. Methods are described for ensuring the maximum reliability of components.
- Proceedings of Symposium on "Automation in Offshore Oil Field Operation," Bergen, June 14-17, 1976.
INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUTOMATIC COMTROLOXFORD OXFORDSHIRE, England
International Federation of Automatic Control, Laxenburg (Austria); International Federation for Information Processing, Geneva (Switzerland),
- COOKE, R
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Control systems; Electronic equipment; Offshore platforms; Safety; Safety equipment
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic control systems; Platform safety
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00152518
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM