ALTERNATIVE THRUSTER SYSTEMS
Consideration is given to the problem of maintaining a rig in position against environmental forces. This can be achieved by two main thruster arrangements, (a) combination of stern thrusters and lateral thrusters, and (b) steerable thrusters giving thrust in any direction. The paper discusses the advantages and disadvantages of each of these arrangements for a hull of Aker H-5 design.
- Proceedings of Symposium on Safety and Reliability of Dynamic Positioning Systems, November 17-18, 1975, Oslo, Norway.
Norske VeritasGrenseveien 92, Etterstad
Oslo 6, Norway
- Ardenaes, O
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamic positioning; Sterns; Thrusters
- Old TRIS Terms: Stern thrusters; Thruster performance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00152512
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM