The aim of this paper is to introduce the type of instrumentation, and measuring techniques presently being used at NEL to study cavitation noise in pumps, with particular reference to the onset of cavitation in a pump, and its variation with change in pump speed and flowrate. Reference is also made to the effects of hydraulic circuit noise, attenuation and impedance effects and aspects of cavitation erosion.
- Paper presented at Seminar on Industrial Noise and Vibration Problems, January 27-29, 1976, East Kilbride, Scotland.
National Engineering Laboratory, ScotlandEast Kilbride, ZZ Scotland
- McNulty, P J
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Cavitation noise; Measurement; Noise
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise measurement
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00152509
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM