CONSIDERATIONS OF CONTROL OF GAS TURBINE AND DIESEL ENGINES WITH CONTROLLABLE PITCH PROPELLERS
Consideration is given to the control of gas turbine and Diesel engine propulsion machinery when used in conjunction with controllable pitch propellers. A sequencer technique is presented for achieving smooth operational mode changes in arrangements from a single propeller and two engines up to any number of propellers and engines. A thrust computation concept for one engine driving two propellers is also described. In this system, the control setting on one handle establishes the amount of thrust delivered by that propeller totally independently of the setting on the opposite control handle.
- Paper presented at Second Ship Control Systems Symposium, November 4-6, 1969.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterBethesda, MD USA 20084
- JOHNSON, F W
- Wiley, W H
- Publication Date: 1969-11
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Control; Control systems; Controllable pitch propellers; Diesel engines; Electric power plants; Engine performance; Gas turbines; Propulsion; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel control systems; Power plant control; Propulsion machinery controls; Propulsion plant performance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00152506
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM