THE SUCTION ABILITY OF CENTRIFUGAL PUMPS
The flow of liquid in front of the impeller of centrifugal pumps has a circumferential velocity component. The discharge influences the prerotation ahead of the impeller. The suction ability of centrifugal pumps is influenced by the prerotation and the deviation of the entering angle of flow in front of the impeller. The mathematical expression for the calculation of the Net Positive Suction Head is included.
- International Conference on Pump and Turbine Design and Development, September 1-3, 1976, Volume 1, Session 4.
National Engineering Laboratory, ScotlandEast Kilbride, ZZ Scotland
- Noskievic, J
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Centrifugal pumps; Performance; Pumps; Suction pumps
- Old TRIS Terms: Pumping performance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00152505
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM