JOURNEY TIME AND OCCUPANCY CHARACTERISTICS OF THE HELSINKI METROPOLITAN PUBLIC TRANSPORT SYSTEM
This study which provides a method by which the Helsinki Metropolitan Public Transport System can be divided into homogeneous categories, also calculates the journey time and occupancy characteristics of these categories, and finds how journey time and occupancy characteristics depend on the characteristics of routes, the relationships between different journey time characteristics, and the dependence of journey time on occupancy. The study also compares different journey times with each other and different vehicles types with each other. The Helsinki public transportation system can be divided into 6 vehicle - route combinations which include 295 routes of the metropolitan total of 302 routes. District differences were found between routes of different types, whereas the differences between vehicles were generally small. Models are presented which can be used for different stages of planning.
Helsinki University of Technology, FinlandOtaniemi 15
- HIMANEN, V
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 189 p.
- TRT Terms: Mathematical models; Metropolitan areas; Public transit; Ridership; Routes; Travel time; Vehicle occupancy; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00152352
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Research Paper No 55Thesis
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM