GOLDEN GATE CORRIDOR TRANSPORTATION FACILITIES PLAN, PHASE II
The development of the 1971 transportation plan for the Golden Gate Corridor is discussed, and the development of transit activities, improvement programs undertaken and committed on the Golden Gate Bridge, and the District's financial position and near-term outlook are reviewed. The studies undertaken at the legislature's request and the District's plan for future transit program implementation are also described. Studies of the bus and ferry system and the Golden Gate Bridge itself are outlined. Transportation studies relating to the legislative analyst's review of District activities, the pricing policy simulation model, the Golden Gate corridor long range transportation, planning, policies, transportation alternatives, and the public reaction to the alternatives are reviewed. The Board of control has accepted the incremental approach to transportation planning and implementation. The planning for transit development and the District's long-range plan for transit development are briefly outlined.
- This report was presented to the California State Legislature, September 1, 1975.
GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE HIGHWAY AND TRANSPORTATIONSAN FRANCISCO, CA USA
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Bus transportation; Economics; Ferries; Public transit; Research; Simulation; Transportation; Transportation corridors; Transportation planning; Transportation policy
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00152046
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1981 12:00AM