COMMUTER VAN POOLING OPERATIONS GUIDE FOR EMPLOYERS
The background information and operating procedures are described as well as the experience gained in launching and operating van pool programs at Chrysler's corporate facilities. The program provides that the employer will furnish 12-passenger vans to employees who elect to participate in the program. The launching and administration of the program should be under the general supervision of the personnel manager or administration manager. The requirements for both the driver/coordinator and backup driver are listed. The program should receive the support and encouragement of top management. The ways in which van pooling may be promoted are discussed, and details of fare calculation are set forth. Comments are also made on the evaluation of the program. Six exhibits which include a manual and computerized employee matching techniques, solicitation folder, orientation guide, and operating agreement for driver/coordinator are included.
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Commuting; Drivers; Employment; Evaluation; Fares; Information processing; Operations; Vanpools
- Uncontrolled Terms: Matching
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00151953
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1981 12:00AM