THE ALASKA RAILROAD'S FUTURE FREIGHT MARKET. VOLUME III
The study forecasts the freight market of the Alaska Railroad (ARR) due to natural resource development and pipeline construction in Alaska. This has been done through: (a) evaluation of those resources with commercial development potential which could generate rail service demand; and (b) development and analysis of petroleum development schedules and pipeline construction scenarios. Detailed price and market analysis of Alaskan coal and copper resources were performed. Forecasts of ARR traffic were based upon econometric relationships between the Alaskan economy and petroleum royalties and construction expenditures. Volume three provides a detailed review of ARR's recent freight market, pipeline construction scenarios and other activities which could significantly affect the ARR, and provides forecasts of the Alaska Railroad's freight traffic through 1990.
- See also Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, RRIS 20 147405 and 151183, Bulletin 7702.
CONSAD Research Corporation121 North Highland Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA USA 15206
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Hillegas, B D
- Pernela, L M
- Lewis, D C
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 172 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Copper; Econometric models; Economic analysis; Economic development; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Market surveys; Mineral deposits; Minerals; Natural resources; Petroleum industry; Petroleum pipelines; Pipeline transportation; Railroad transportation; Timber; Traffic forecasting
- Identifier Terms: Alaska Railroad
- Geographic Terms: Alaska
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Mineral traffic
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Pipelines; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00151866
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ARR-77/01-3 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-4-3010
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM