SURVEY OF SUSPENSION SYSTEMS ON PICKUP TRUCKS USED TO CARRY SLIDE-IN CAMPERS II. VOLUME 16
Loading patterns, load capacities and consumer knowledge in these areas were determined for 2,400 vehicles consisting of automobiles towing travel trailers, travel trailers, motor homes, and pickup trucks carrying slide-in campers. This data was compared to results from a previous survey in an effort to determine what improvements were made due to industry and government action. Vehicles were weighed as loaded for traveling and the suspension rating data was obtained from the vehicle manufacturers. The report deals with pickup trucks carrying slide-campers. Separate reports are available which cover motor homes, travel trailers, vehicles towing travel trailers and a summary of travel trailer tongue weight distributions.
- See also report no. 14 dated Sep 76, PB-258 550.
Pioneer Engineering and Manufacturing Company2500 East Nine Mile Road
Warren, MI USA 48091
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Ludtke, N
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 150 p.
- TRT Terms: Instruments for measuring loads or pressure; Loading and unloading; Loads; Measurement; Pressure; Suspension systems; Tire treads; Tires; Traffic safety; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Loading procedures; Pressure measurement
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00151858
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-182
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00978
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 2002 12:00AM