EMBANKMENT SUPPORT FOR KANSAS TEST TRACK. ANALYSIS OF EMBANKMENT INSTRUMENT DATA
Static and dynamic data collected from the embankment instrumentation at the Kansas Test Track are summarized in this report. The static data included permanent horizontal and vertical deformation measurements, moisture contents, and temperatures taken at intervals between the end of embankment construction in Fall 1971 to the opening of the track for traffic in October 1974. Data were also collected through April 1975 after the track was opened to traffic. Dynamic instrument response was measured at three periods between October 1974 and April 1975. The dynamic data include horizontal and vertical deformations and embankment pressure under traffic loads. The static and dynamic response and performance of each test section are analyzed, and the results are summarized.
- Record URL:
- See also RRIS 01 043234 and 00 039260, Bulletin 7301.
Shannon and Wilson, Incorporated1550 Rollins Road, Suite F
Burlingame, CA United States 94010
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Dietrich, R J
- Salley, J R
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 126 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Deformation; Dynamic loads; Embankments; Instrumentation; Loads; Measurement; Moisture content; Pressure; Railroad tracks; Rapid transit; Soil tests; Soils; Subgrade (Pavements); Train track dynamics; Unconventional track
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response
- Old TRIS Terms: Kansas test track; Pressure measurements; Rapid transit railways; Track response investigations; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00151855
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-76/258 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-54168
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM