AN INVESTIGATION OF SITE EFFECTS ON ROADSIDE MEASUREMENT OF TRUCK NOISE
Multi-microphone measurements of the passby noise emissions from three dedicated multi-axle trucks and from transient trucking were made at nine highway sites and one standard (SAE-J366b) measuring site. Measurements were made in and around Fort Wayne, Indiana, at sites of varied unobstructed configurations. Included in this report are tabulated peak RMS noise levels measured, curves of A-weighted noise levels versus offset distance, graphic noise level time history recordings, and 1/3-octave frequency spectra versus offset distance for selected events.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Rickley, E J
- QUINN, R W
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 176 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Analysis of variance; Data collection; Data reduction; Measurement; Microphones; Roadside; Sound level; Sound level meters; Surveying; Surveying; Traffic noise; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Noise analyzers; Topographic features; Truck noise
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00151844
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-76-6 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM