THE DEVELOPMENT OF A CLASSIFICATION SCHEME FOR BRAKE LININGS. VOLUME II
A comparison is made between vehicle braking performance as predicted by computer simulation and as measured on fully instrumented vehicle tests. A new technique is described for accurately finger printing brake lining frictional characteristics based on full-scale dynamometer tests.
- See also Volume 1, PB-264 254.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignUrbana, IL United States 61801
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Cook, H E
- WHITE, R A
- Clark, GLJ
- Johnson, L K
- Sommer III, H J
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 248 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Brake linings; Disc brakes; Dynamic braking; Friction; Hydraulic brakes; Simulation; Skidding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Drum brakes
- Subject Areas: Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00151840
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-244
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01131
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 2002 12:00AM