STUDY OF FUTURE PARATRANSIT REQUIREMENTS: 1980-1995
The report examines a range of paratransit service concepts in context with a set of typical urban settings under three alternative 1995 futures. These alternative futures are described in terms of energy cost and degree of automobile disincentives. Integrated transit and paratransit systems are defined and match a combination of transit and paratransit services with forecasted transportation needs for each individual setting. Using estimated representativeness factors for each setting, the setting results are expanded to provide order-of-magnitude nation-wide estimates of potential future paratransit activity. These estimates are presented in terms of passenger demand, subsidy requirements, and vehicle requirements.
- See also PB-262 629.
Voorhees (Alan M) and Associates, IncorporatedCambridge, MA USA
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 278 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile travel; Cost estimating; Costs; Energy; Energy conservation; Estimates; Forecasting; Paratransit services; Public transit; Subsidies; Travel demand; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00151824
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0104-77-2Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1981 12:00AM