THE DEVELOPMENT OF OPERATING CHARACTERISTIC CURVES FOR PENNDOT'S RESTRICTED PERFORMANCE BITUMINOUS CONCRETE SPECIFICATIONS
The objective of this report is to discuss the development of O.C. curves for the asphalt content and density characteristics of PennDOT's restricted performance bituminous concrete specifications. The report provides sufficient information to enable the development of O.C. curves for a wide majority of statistically based acceptance plans which are in use. The discussion begins with the simple case of an acceptance plan for which (X bar) prime and (sigma prime) are assumed to be known, then goes on to the case where one of these parameters is unknown, and finally to the more complicated case where both of the parameters are unknown. This latter case is most applicable to the PennDOT situation. Examples are given throughout the report which closely parallel PennDOT's acceptance procedures.
- Also available as Pennsylvania Dept. of Transportation, Harrisburg. Bureau of Materials, Testing and Research, Rept. no. PDT-74-27-3.
Pennsylvania State University, University ParkPennsylvania Transportation Institute, Transportation Research Building
University Park, PA USA 16802
Harrisburg, PA USA 17112
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Willenbrock, J H
- Kopac, P A
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 95 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt concrete; Asphalt content; Computer programs; Density; Distributions (Statistics); Materials; Pavements; Probability theory; Simulation; Specifications; Statistics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Parameters
- Old TRIS Terms: Density mass/volume; Materials specifications
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00151778
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/PA-74/27(3) Final Rpt., PTI-7619
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, ATRI, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM