A METHODOLOGY FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRICE ADJUSTMENT SYSTEMS FOR STATISTICALLY BASED RESTRICTED PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS
This report presents a methodology which can be used to develop price adjustment systems suited for statistically based, restricted performance specifications. An example of the use of this methodology for a specific situation, that of bituminous concrete paving for the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, is also presented. Three approaches are proposed for the development of a price adjustment system. These are: (1) the performance or serviceability approach, (2) the cost of production approach, and (3) the trial and error O.C. curve approach. A fourth approach, the cost of quality control approach, is also examined, but cannot be fully developed at this time because of the limited cost data which are available.
- See also PB-264 334. Also available as Pennsylvania Dept. of Transportation, Harrisburg. Bureau of Materials, Testing and Research. Rept. no. PDT-74-27-1.
Pennsylvania State University, University ParkPennsylvania Transportation Institute, Transportation Research Building
University Park, PA USA 16802
Harrisburg, PA USA 17112
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Willenbrock, J H
- Kopac, P A
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 171 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Asphalt concrete; Costs; Density; Histograms; Materials; Pavements; Performance; Prices; Quality control; Service life; Specifications; Statistics
- Old TRIS Terms: Density mass/volume; Materials specifications
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Economics; Finance; Highways; Materials; Pavements; Society;
- Accession Number: 00151777
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/PA-74/27(1) Final Rpt., PTI-7617
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, ATRI, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM