SEATTLE PRT STUDY. VOLUME I. SUMMARY
In 1969 and 1970, the City of Seattle became one of five selected medium sized cities to be included in the Center Cities Transportation Project (CCTP). Increased interest in PRT/people-mover technology culminated in a three-party agreement and ultimately led to the current investigation and analysis of automated transit technology. The feasibility of a PRT or people-mover system application is being evaluated in a two-phase study: Phase 1 - Site-selection for a people-mover system, and Phase 2 - System implementation for the locales selected in Phase 1 study. This is the Interim Report for Phase 1 of the PRT study and is presented in two volumes. This volume consists of a general overview of the total Phase 1 study.
- Prepared by VTN Washington, Inc., Bellevue. Sponsored in part by Puget Sound Governmental Conference, Seattle, Wash., Municipality of Metropolitan Seattle, Wash., and Washington State Legislative Transportation Committee, Olympia. See also Volume 2, PB-264 299.
VTN Consolidated IncorporatedIrvine, CA USA
Puget Sound Governmental ConferencePuget Sound Council of Governments, 216 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA USA 98104
Municipality of Metropolitan Seattle, Washington600 4th Avenue
Seattle, WA USA 98104
Washington State LegislatureTransportation Committee
Olympia, WA USA 98501
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Basmaciyan, H
- Stappler, R F
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 104 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Automatic control; City planning; Evaluation; Highway traffic; Intelligent transportation systems; Noise control; Personal rapid transit; Transportation planning; Urban areas; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Geographic Terms: Seattle (Washington); Washington (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00151774
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-WA-09-0006-77-1Intrm Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 27 1982 12:00AM