STIFFNESS OF SOLID-LIQUID MIXTURES: THEORETICAL CONSIDERATIONS
A rational approach to the solution of the stiffness of solid-liquid mixtures is presented. The stiffness of such mixtures is dependent on the stiffness of the viscous medium and the volume concentration and elastic modulus of the solid portion. Finally, the general solution is applied, in particular, to bitumen-aggregate mixtures; and the results are compared to experimental data.
- Record URL:
Frankfort, KY United States 40601
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Allen, D L
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Bitumen; Bituminous aggregates; Flexible pavements; Formulations; Liquids; Mathematical analysis; Mixtures; Modulus of elasticity; Solids; Stiffness; Viscosity; Volume
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00151773
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/RD/M-0345 Final Rpt., RR-464
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM