DRUGS AND DRIVING: REPORT OF AN INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM
The report presents the proceedings of a Symposium on Drugs (other than alcohol) and Driving. Speaker's papers and work session summaries are included. Major topics include: Overview of Problem, Risk Identification, Drug Measurement in Biological Materials, Measurement of Drug Effects on Driver Behavior, Legal and Practical Constraints on Drug/Driving Research, and Recommendations for Future Research and Countermeasures. The report summarizes the discussions of 30 leading researchers and practitioners who met to review existing research findings about the drug/driving problem. On the basis of current knowledge suggestions for research efforts and countermeasure actions are made.
- Also available in set of 3 reports PC E10, PB-264 177-SET.
Indiana University, BloomingtonInstitute for Research in Public Safety
Bloomington, IN United States 47401
Washington, DC United States 20590
- JOSCELYN, K B
- Maickel, R P
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 232 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Countermeasures; Crash injury research; Crashes; Drivers; Drug use; Drugs; Hazards; Highway safety; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Legal factors; Meetings; Prevention; Research; Risk assessment; Safety; Therapy; Tolerance (Physiology); Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Drug therapy
- Old TRIS Terms: Drug tolerance
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00151768
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-187 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00994
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM