TRANSPORTATION FACILITY PROXIMITY IMPACT ASSESSMENT
This study provides techniques for the assessment of proximity impacts related to transportation facilities. The examination of proximity impacts included those related to highways and freeways, busways, and special operational improvements, transit, and new modes of transit. Proximity impacts are those direct and indirect effects which represent a significant change from existing or future community conditions. A two-stage evaluation was developed for the assessment of the following impact indicators: noise, air quality, traffic volume and accident experience, parking availability, pedestrian safety, land use, local fiscal effects, aesthetics, access/barrier, and neighborhood/community disruption. The report also includes an illustrative application of the assessment procedures to a candidate transportation project.
Booz-Allen and Hamilton, IncorporatedSimpson and Curtin Division, 400 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA United States 19107
GRUEN ASSOCIATESLOS ANGELES, CA United States
Bolt, Beranek and Newman, Incorporated21120 Vanowen Street
Canoga Park, CA United States 91303
California Department of Transportation1120 N Street
Sacramento, CA United States 95814
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 296 p.
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Aesthetics; Air pollution; Busways; Environmental impacts; Forecasting; Freeways; Highways; Impacts; Land use; Neighborhoods; Noise; Parking; Parking facilities; Passenger terminals; Rail transit facilities; Railroad stations; Safety; Sound level; Traffic crashes; Traffic volume; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Air pollution forecasting; Passenger stations
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Highways; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00151766
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAH-GA-BBN-76-01 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 27 1981 12:00AM