URBAN TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEM TRAFFIC ADAPTIVE NETWORK SIGNAL TIMING PROGRAM. VOLUME III. UTCS/TANSTP DATA BASE AND DATA BASE UPDATE PROCEDURES; OFFLINE SUPPORT PROGRAMS; OPERATING PROCEDURES
This document describes the Traffic Adaptive Network Signal Timing Program (TANSTP) of the Urban Traffic Control System. TANSTP is a second generation traffic control package wherein optimal traffic signal timing patterns are generated on-line as a function of current and predicted traffic flow conditions to minimize average network vehicle delay. In addition to the network optimization routine, the package includes a traffic flow predictor, real-time subnetwork determination routine, a subnetwork interfacing routine, a transition optimization routine, and a local intersection optimization routine which adjusts splits and offsets to minimize delay on a cycle by cycle basis. The TANSTP package uses the executive structure, the detector processing, and the controller command software of the first generation UTCS software. This is volume 3 of a 3 volume set.
- See also Volume 2, PB-264 055. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E11, PB-264 053-SET.
De Leuw, Cather and CompanyDenver, CO United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Kessmann, R W
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 205 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Computer programming; Computer programs; Databases; Forecasting; Highway traffic control; Interfaces; Optimization; Programming manuals; Software; Traffic control; Traffic delays; Traffic flow; Traffic signal control systems; Traffic signal timing; Traffic signals; Transportation operations; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic control systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00151752
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76-127 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7594
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM