HIGHWAY METRICATION. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The study purpose is to identify various problems which are likely to arise during highway metrication and to prepare a detailed plan for research aimed at solving conversion problems. Investigations reveal a need for an early selection of the metric units to be used, the vital importance of early metrication of specifications and standards, and the absolute necessity of coordination of metrication activities on the national level.
- See also Volume 1, PB-245 227. Prepared in cooperation with Ohio State Univ., Columbus.
Columbus, OH USA 43215
Ohio State University, Columbus410 West Tenth Avenue
Columbus, OH USA 43210
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Meacham, D G
- Bishara, A G
- Mitric, S
- Besch, L
- Hurd, J O
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Coordination; Highway planning; Highways; Metric system; Policy; Specialized training; Specifications; Standards; Systems of measurement
- Uncontrolled Terms: Conversion
- Subject Areas: Highways; Policy; Research;
- Accession Number: 00151740
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76-110, ODOT-5
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8309
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM