ALTERNATIVE DESIGNS FOR CCTV TRAFFIC SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMS
The report is one of a series presenting findings of research on freeway traffic control systems and surveillance techniques. Areas covered include the following: testing and evaluation of low light level television cameras for traffic surveillance, use of television traffic surveillance systems during hours of darkness, low volume incident detection using television, and alternatives for the location of the cameras relative to the roadway lanes.
- Report on Development and Evaluation of On-Freeway Traffic Control Systems and Surveillance Techniques. Sponsored in part by Texas State Dept. of Highways and Public Transportation, Austin. Transportation Planning Div. and Federal Highway Administration, Washington, D.C.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TransportationTransportation Planning Division, P.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX United States 78763
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Andersen, D A
- McCasland, W R
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Closed circuit television; Detection and identification; Detectors; Freeways; Highway traffic control; Night; Surveillance; Television cameras; Traffic control; Traffic engineering; Traffic lanes; Traffic safety; Traffic surveillance; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Low light level viewing
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00151735
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TTI-2-18-76-173-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM