NORTHEAST CORRIDOR IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. TASK 12.3 - CORRIDOR STATIONS SCHEMATIC DEVELOPMENT: SUMMARY REPORT
The Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976 authorizes the Secretary of Transportation to implement the Northeast Corridor Improvement Program to achieve, within 5 years after date of enactment of the Act, establishment of regularly scheduled and dependable intercity rail passenger service between Boston, MA and Washington, DC, including appropriate intermediate stops. The Federal Railroad Administration has authorized a number of preliminary programming, planning and engineering tasks to provide the basis for development of final plans for the design and construction work. This Report summarizes the development of schematic plans for all of the 16 station locations studied in Task 12. It provides Summary Tables of the Station Development, Patronage, Parking and Costs. It also includes the Synopsis and the primary drawings selected from the full sets of Schematic Drawings for each station.
- See also Task 2, PB-259 985. Microfiche copies only.
Weese (Harry) and Associates Limited600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20001
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 352 p.
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Construction; Cost estimating; Costs; Estimates; Parking facilities; Passenger terminals; Passenger transportation; Planning; Railroad stations; Railroads; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Massachusetts; Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger station design
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00151719
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/NECPO-76/12.3 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-56014
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM