AN ANALYSIS OF THE EFFECTS OF ROUTE RESTRICTION REMOVAL AND DISCRETIONARY AUTHORITY: THE TRANSITION TO A LESS-REGULATED ENVIRONMENT. VOLUME I
The purpose of this study is to develop and provide data on the consequences to be expected during a transition to greater competition in scheduled interstate air transportation. The conditions studied included the removal of all the certificate restrictions the CAB has placed on existing carriers and, simultaneously, a limited discretionary expansion of carriers' existing route structures. The analysis was performed in two stages. In stage one, a profile of each trunk line and local service carrier was developed. In stage one, a profile of each trunk line and local service carrier was developed. In stage two, the consequences of probably entry and exit scenarios were projected for each carrier, for each of the markets it serves, in terms of load factors, ASM', RPM's, and flight frequencies. Each carrier's market-by-market performance was then summed to yield carrier system aggregates. Volume I is a description of the analysis and a summary of the projections made and conclusions reached. Existing regulations are reviewed.
- Also available in set of 3 reports PC E21, PB-263 684-SET.
Simat, Helliesen and Eichner, Incorporated1019 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Office of the Secretary of TransportationAssistant Secretary for Policy, Plans and International Affairs, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 147 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Airlines; Certification; Common carriers; Competition; Constraints; Economic analysis; Forecasting; Impacts; Passenger transportation; Regulations; Routing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Removal; Restrictions; Revisions
- Old TRIS Terms: Restriction removal
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Education and Training; Law; Passenger Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00151715
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/RAD-12-V1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60155
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM