AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL OPERATOR/TECHNICIAN CAREER LADDER, AFSCS 272X0/A/B/C/D AND 27290
This report concludes that: (1) Because of the wide variation in percent members from each AFSC and shredout group performing tasks related to the various STS paragraphs, consideration should be given to separating the 272X0 STS (covering AFSCs 272X0, 272X0A, 272X0B, and 272X0C) into separate STSs or subdividing the current STS into shredout sections; and (2) Consideration shoud also be given to changing basic course 3ABR27230. Currently, all personnel are trained on tower, radar, and other functions, regardless or first assignment. However, task performance data indicated that personnel are assigned initially to only one of these functions.
Air Force Occupational Measurement CenterRandolph AFB, TX United States
- Publication Date: 1976-10-1
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic controllers; Cost allocation; Curricula; Functional analysis; Job analysis; Job satisfaction; Military organizations; Military personnel; Motor skills; Occupations; Operators (Persons); Personnel development; Radar operators; Specialists; Supervisors; Surveys; Technicians
- Uncontrolled Terms: Careers
- Old TRIS Terms: Allocations; Military occupational specialties; Military requirements; Occupational surveys; Reenlistment
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Education and Training;
- Accession Number: 00151691
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AFPT-90-272-194 Survey Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM