OCEAN CARRIER SERVICE IMAGE AND MARKETING PRACTICES
The study develops market feedback useful for fomulating ocean carrier marketing strategies. Specific attention is directed to perceptions that transport users have about the quality of service provided by ocean carriers. By comparing the results with specific marketing practices of individual carriers, it is possible to determine whether reorientation in marketing efforts would seem desirable. Information about carrier performance was gathered from exporters, importers, and freight forwarders.
International Maritime Associates, Incorporated1800 K Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20006
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointKings Point, NY United States 11024
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 150 p.
- TRT Terms: Common carriers; Economic factors; Exports; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Imports; Level of service; Liner shipping; Market surveys; Marketing; Merchant vessels; Physical distribution; Research; Sales; Shipping; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Merchant ships; Services
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Market studies; Shipping research
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00151613
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NMRC-KP-168 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-2-4287
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM