PROCEEDINGS OF THE JOINT CONFERENCE ON ALCOHOL ABUSE AND ALCOHOLISM HELD AT UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND ADULT EDUCATION CENTER ON FEBRUARY 21-23, 1972
Proceedings of the Interagency Conference on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, part of a nationwide effort to develop coordinated approaches to alcohol-related problems at all levels of government, are presented. Discussions on the kinds of mechanisms needed and the ways of developing them were conducted. Specific topics of discussion in workshop groups included: (1) the violent and nonviolent alcohol-related offender; (2) the public inebriate; and (3) the drinking driver. Papers serving as take-off points for discussion and recommendations emanating from the workshops are provided.
- Sponsored in part by Department of Justice, Washington, D.C. and Department of Transportation, Washington, D.C.
National Institute on Alcohol AbuseParklawn Building, 5600 Fishers Lane
Rockville, MD USA 20852
Department of Justice950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20530-0001
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 285 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Alcoholism; Behavior; Criminal justice; Drivers; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Education; Highway safety; Intoxication; Justice; Law enforcement; Meetings; Mental disorders; Motion pictures; Service agencies; Social service
- Uncontrolled Terms: Behavior disorders; Juvenile delinquency
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Society;
- Accession Number: 00151595
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DHEW/PUBL/HSM-73/9051, NIAAA/NCALI-76/30
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM