PREDICTIVE CRITERIA FOR CONSTRUCTION/DEMOLITION SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT
This study basically expands on the current state of the art of construction solid waste management. The available information on solid waste generation rates, composition, disposal alternatives, and disposal costs has been compiled. In addition, data relating to waste generation rates, composition, and disposal costs for selected Army post construction activities have been compiled, analyzed, and documented. Several selected waste management alternatives have been assessed in detail. These alternatives are: Waste-to-Landfill Alternatives, Incineration, Production of Thixite, Waste-to-Bricks Process - Tekbricks, Ecological/Recycled Pavements, Wood Waste-to-Energy Alternative, Mulching, Pulverizer Systems, Handling of Special Wastes, and Integrated Management. Detailed documentation of the assessment analyses has been developed in this report. Relevant information relating to the above alternatives is summarized in the following two pages.
Battelle Columbus Laboratories505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH United States 43201
- Chatterjee, S
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 119 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Brick; Building materials; Construction; Costs; Demolition; Economics; Environmental protection; Forecasting; Incinerators; Industrial wastes; Landfills; Management; Mulching; Pavements; Recycled materials; Recycling; Savings; Solid waste disposal; Solid wastes; Waste disposal; Wood
- Uncontrolled Terms: Recovery
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Economics; Environment; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00151530
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERL-TR-N-4 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DACA88-74-R-0025
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM