BACKGROUND DOCUMENT FOR MEDIUM AND HEAVY TRUCK NOISE EMISSION REGULATIONS
On March 31, 1976, the Environmental Protection Agency issued a regulation governing noise emissions from medium and heavy trucks. That regulation was issued under Section 6 of the Noise Control Act of 1972. This document presents and discusses the background data used by the Agency in setting the standards contained in the regulation. Presented is a comprehensive exposition on the most up-to-date available information on the environmental, technological, and economic aspects of medium and heavy truck noise.
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Noise Abatement and Control
Washington, DC USA 20460
Office of Noise Abatement and Control.,
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 411 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Classification; Cost engineering; Economic impacts; Environmental impacts; Federal government; Heavy vehicles; Highways; Law enforcement; Noise; Noise control; Organizations; Public health; Public opinion; Regulations; Standards; Streets; Surveys; Technology; Traffic noise; Traffic surveys; Trucks; Urban areas; Weight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Truck noise; Weight mass
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Highways; Law; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Society;
- Accession Number: 00151331
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/550/9-76/008 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM