PORT DEVELOPMENT FEASIBILITY, FALL RIVER, MASSACHUSETTS
The purpose of the study was to determine the feasibility of development of the marine terminal facilities at the State Pier in Fall River, Massachusetts. The study evaluates socio-economic, technical and environmental resources of the area with specific emphasis on marine related industrial development and enhancement of employment opportunity. The program has three areas of concern: Economic/Marketing Analyses, Socio-Economic Analysis and Implementation Feasibility Analyses. The research considered the existing economic base and human resources, shipping and transport trends, environmental resources, transport routes, and existing industries.
- Prepared for Maguire (C. E.), Inc., Waltham, Mass.
Fall River, City of, MassachusettsFall River, MA USA
Maguire (CE) IncorporatedWaltham, MA USA
Economic Development AdministrationOffice of Technical Assistance
Washington, DC USA 20230
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 182 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Economic analysis; Economic development; Freight transportation; Harbors; Industries; Intermodal terminals; Marine terminals; Market surveys; Port operations; Ports; Technical assistance; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: Massachusetts
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Economic analysis (Ports); Harbor facilities; Market studies; Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00151329
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EDA-76-081
- Contract Numbers: EDA-01-6-01258
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM