MATERIALS HANDLING EQUIPMENT STUDY. VOLUME I. SUMMARY TECHNICAL REPORT
The objective of this study was to investigate material handling techniques and equipment currently used in U.S. shipyards and to determine methods of expediting and lowering the cost of the material handling function. Volume 1 is the summary technical report documenting the results of the overall effort.
Litton Systems, IncorporatedIngalls Shipbuilding Division
Pascagoula, MI United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Conveyors; Cost effectiveness; Cost engineering; Cranes; Economic analysis; Economic conditions; Handbooks; Lifting equipment; Materials management; Methodology; Pallets; Shipbuilding; Shipyards; Structural steel; Technology; Trailers; Transportation; Tugboats
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic surveys; Lift trucks; Platforms
- Subject Areas: Economics; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00151327
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-920-77033 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-1-36200
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM