SHIPYARD WELDING - DEVELOPMENT OF EXTENDED LENGTH, CONTINUOUS WIRE FEED SYSTEMS
The report describes the results of a project for the development of a semiautomatic welding system with appropriate hardware which permits an operator to weld over 200 feet from the power supply and wire source while still providing the flexibility comparable to that of manual welding with stick electrodes.
- Prepared by Hobart Brothers Co., Troy, N.Y. Report on the National Shipbuilding Research Program.
Bethlehem Steel Corporation,
Hobart Brothers CompanyTroy, NY USA
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Brayton, W C
- Troyer, W
- Publication Date: 1974-5-31
- Pagination: 127 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic welding; Electric arc welding; Electrodes; Gas metal arc welding; Machines; Shipbuilding; Welding; Wire
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic welding systems; Feeding supplying; Welding electrodes; Welding machines; Welding techniques
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00151316
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-920-77037 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-2-36214
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM