SHIPYARD WELDING AND CUTTING - PLASMA PROCESSES OF CUTTING AND WELDING
The report analyzes the latest developments in plasma arc cutting, welding and shape cutting machines with emphasis on their application in the shipbuilding industry. Plasma welding was found advantageous over other welding processes for only a very few shipyard requirements. Plasma cutting, on the other hand, is shown to be ideally suited for the productivity, quality and operating cost necessary in modern shipbuilding.
- Prepared in cooperation with Union Carbide Corp., Florence, S.C. Report on the National Shipbuilding Research Program.
Bethlehem Steel Corporation,
UNION CARBIDE CORPORATIONOAK RIDGE, TN USA
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Brayton, W C
- Hogan, J A
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Cutting tools; Electric arc welding; Plasma arc cutting; Shipbuilding; Utilization; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Arc cutting; Cutting machines tools; Plasma arc welding; Plasma cutting; Plasma welding; Welding techniques
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00151315
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-920-77039 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-2-36214
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM