NORTHEAST CORRIDOR IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. TASK 12.17 - CORRIDOR STATIONS SCHEMATIC DEVELOPMENT: PROVIDENCE UNION STATION
The Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976 authorizes the Secretary of Transportation to implement the Northeast Corridor Improvement Program to achieve, within 5 years after date of enactment of the Act, establishment of regularly scheduled and dependable intercity rail passenger service between Boston, MA and Washington, DC, including appropriate intermediate stops. The Federal Railroad Administration has authorized a number of preliminary programming, planning and engineering tasks to provide the basis for development of final plans for the design and construction work. This report is one in a series which defines the scope of work to be undertaken at each station on behalf of the high speed rail system; delineates the physical planning configurations for the station building, vehicular access/egress system, parking, and platform facilities; and identifies preliminary estimates of construction costs to implement the recommended development program.
- See also Task 12.12, PB-261 441. Microfiche copies only.
Weese (Harry) and Associates Limited600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 81 p.
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Construction; Cost estimating; Costs; Estimates; Parking facilities; Passenger terminals; Passenger transportation; Planning; Railroad stations; Railroads; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Massachusetts; Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States; Rhode Island; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger station design
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00151249
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/NECPO-76/12.17 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-56014
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM