WATER TRANSPORTATION REQUIREMENTS FOR COAL MOVEMENT IN THE 1980'S
This report develops and presents barge industry estimates of additional equipment and facilities required to handle a projected doubling of coal traffic. It also describes present coal flows, associated operational policies and practices, and the interfaces with connecting or continuing modes of transportation.
Input Output Computer Services IncorporatedCambridge, MA United States
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Desai, S A
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Bulk cargo; Bulk cargo handling; Coal; Coal industry; Coal terminals; Exports; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Inland waterways; Inland waterways traffic; Lakes; Petroleum; Rail marine interface; Transportation; Water traffic; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge traffic; Bulk coal; Cargo movement; Cargo transportation; Energy transport; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00151223
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-76-33 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1000
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM