AGGREGATE AUTO TRAVEL FORECASTING: STATE OF THE ART AND SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE RESEARCH
The report reviews existing forecasting models of auto vehicle miles of travel (VMT), and presents evidence that such models incorrectly omit time cost and spatial form variables. The omission of these variables biases parameter estimates in existing VMT models. More accurate parameter estimates are made, and suggestions are made for improving VMT models.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- Mellman, R E
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Energy conservation; Estimates; Forecasting; Fuel consumption; Mathematical models; State of the art studies; Travel; Variables; Vehicle miles of travel
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00151222
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-76-51 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM