PRIORITY TECHNIQUES FOR HIGH OCCUPANCY VEHICLES: STATE-OF-THE-ART OVERVIEW
The report, part of a series of publications based on research and development efforts is a concise state-of-the-art overview of priority techniques for high occupancy vehicles (buses, carpools, and vanpools). The report identifies and summarizes selected characteristics of 17 freeway-related and 37 arterial-city street priority techniques. The document also provides a perspective on planning and implementation guidelines, and legal, financial, and institutional considerations associated with priority techniques. Supplementary material includes a listing of current sources of information, a directory of referenced transit authorities, operating agencies, and governmental units, and a glossary of terms used.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 108 p.
- TRT Terms: Arterial highways; Bus priority; Buses; Carpools; Coordination; Finance; Freeways; Guidelines; Highway traffic control; Implementation; Legal factors; Planning; Streets; Traffic control; Trucks; Urban areas; Urban transportation; Vanpools; Vehicle occupancy
- Old TRIS Terms: Financial requirements
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Law; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00151213
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-76-65
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1981 12:00AM