DYNAMIC INTERACTIONS AND OPTIMAL DESIGN OF PRT VEHICLES ON ELEVATED GUIDEWAYS
The report presents research completed on optimum (minimum cost) design of PRT vehicle guideway systems; analysis of periodic motions of PRT vehicles over straight flexible guideways; and continued investigations of vehicle motions over curved elastic guideways. These three areas represent essential ingredients of a mathematical study of the performance of candidate vehicle/guideway designs. The dynamics of PRT vehicles over flexible curved guideways have been investigated with the primary objective being to establish a computationally efficient method for studying this problem. A computer algorithm has been developed and tested in order to optimize its computational efficiency. The algorithm will be used to construct a test track which is made up of straight-transition-curved-transition-straight guideway segments. Candidate vehicle/guideway designs determined by the optimization algorithm will then be proof tested on this curved track in order to verify the fidelity of the system design.
University of California, Los AngelesSchool of Architecture and Urban Planning
Los Angeles, CA United States 90024
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Likins, P W
- Nelson, R B
- Mingori, D L
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Cost engineering; Design; Dynamics; Guideways; Intelligent transportation systems; Mathematical models; Optimization; Personal rapid transit; Test tracks; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Guideway dynamics
- Subject Areas: Design; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00151199
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-77/15 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-40080
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1982 12:00AM