THE ALASKA RAILROAD'S FUTURE FREIGHT MARKET. VOLUME II
The study forecasts the freight market of the Alaska Railroad (ARR) due to natural resource development and pipeline construction in Alaska. This has been done through: (a) evaluation of these resources with commercial development potential which could generate rail service demand; and (b) development and analysis of petroleum development schedules and pipeline construction scenarios. Detailed price and market analysis of Alaskan coal and copper resources were performed. Forecasts of ARR traffic were based upon econometric relationships between the Alaskan economy and petroleum royalties and construction expenditures. Volume Two inventories Alaskan natural resources. It includes detailed coal and copper evaluations, describes petroleum related growth and development in Alaska, and contains schedules of petroleum production, employment, state revenues, and pipeline construction employment by scenario.
- See also Volume 1 dated Jun 76, PB-262 461.
CONSAD Research Corporation121 North Highland Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA United States 15206
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hillegas, B D
- Pernela, L M
- Lewis, D C
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 211 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Copper; Econometric models; Economic analysis; Economic development; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Market surveys; Mineral deposits; Minerals; Natural resources; Petroleum industry; Petroleum pipelines; Pipeline transportation; Railroad transportation; Timber; Traffic forecasting
- Identifier Terms: Alaska Railroad
- Geographic Terms: Alaska
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Mineral traffic
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Pipelines; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00151183
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ARR-77/01-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-4-3010
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM