ELECTROMAGNETIC INTERFERENCE EFFECTS ON MOTOR VEHICLE ELECTRONIC CONTROL AND SAFETY DEVICES. VOLUME II. MEASUREMENTS, ANALYSIS AND TESTING
The report contains the results of a test series to evaluate the electrical environment of a motor vehicle during normal operating conditions and a summary of power supply variations and electrical signal transient characteristics. Both source and coupled signals were measured. A computerized coupling analysis program was used to determine the effects of body shielding, aperture size, and cable lengths on signal coupling in the 100 to 200 MHz band between a simulated mobile radio emission and a modeled air-cushion restraint system cable as it might be used in a motor vehicle. A series of susceptibility tests were performed on an electronic speed control system and an anti-skid control module to determine functional upset levels of injected signals at critical circuit ports on these devices. The upset criteria were based on performance departures from normal, resulting from the injection of interfering signals. The injected signals were designed to represent levels and durations characteristic of those generated within the vehicle or coupled from external sources.
- See also Volume 3, PB-262 824, and Volume 1, PB-261 765.
Institute for Telecommunication ScienceOffice of Telecommunications, 325 Broadway
Boulder, CO USA 80302
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Espeland, R H
- Layton, D H
- Warner, B D
- Teters, L R
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 142 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Cables; Computer programs; Control devices; Couplers; Electric power supply; Electrical equipment; Electromagnetic compatibility; Electromagnetic interference; Electronic control; Measurement; Motor vehicles; Openings; Safety equipment; Tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Apertures; Shielding
- Old TRIS Terms: Analyzing
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00151177
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-108 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01097
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM