VEHICLE EYE REFERENCING DATA
Presently, the Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association of the United States, Inc. is sponsoring research to determine drivers' eye locations in various vehicles. Driver eye position data were collected for fifty subjects as they drove a standard sedan and a van truck. For both vehicle types comparisons were made between data collected in a laboratory buck, a static vehicle, and in a moving vehicle. The purpose of the study is to collect eye position data to enable comparisons of eye position data as a function of vehicle package geometry. In particular, the closeness of the compact car's structure to the driver's body may restrict movement and thus result in smaller eyellipses.
Cross (Richard B) CompanyOxford, Indiana, United States 47971
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Mourant, R R
- Arbogast, R G
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 95 p.
- TRT Terms: Compact automobiles; Drivers; Eye; Eye movements; Human factors engineering; Location; Motor vehicles; Position fixing; Testing; Tests
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00151175
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-081 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-6-01301
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM