AN IMPROVED TRUCK/RAIL OPERATION: EVALUATION OF A SELECTED CORRIDOR
Contents: Description of the corridor; Estimating traffic diversions to an improved intermodal operation; The impact of diversion on carriers and shippers; The impact of diversion on motor carrier labor; The impact of diversion in highway programs; Economic geography statistics; Development of freight traffic flow data; Development of teamster wage impact data; Evaluation of major teamster policy alternatives; Highway traffic statistics; Relating changes in highway traffic composition to maintenance expenditures.
- See also PB-262 760.
Reebie (Robert) and Associates, IncorporatedP.O. Box 1436, 200 Railroad Avenue
Greenwich, CT USA 06830
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Ainsworth, D P
- Keale, M J
- LIBA, C J
- Levinson, H M
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 258 p.
- TRT Terms: Common carriers; Competition; Coordination; Demand; Finance; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Highway transportation; Intermodal transportation; Level of service; Modal diversion; Piggyback transportation; Railroad transportation; Statistical analysis; Traffic forecasting; Traffic managers; Transportation; Transportation corridors; Transportation modes; Trucks; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; Shippers
- Geographic Terms: California; Oregon
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Finance; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00151167
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/TE-76/02-F
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-8158
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 30 2002 12:00AM