HIGHWAY VEHICLE RETROFIT EVALUATION PHASE II REPORT. TESTING AND FINAL EVALUATION RESULTS
This report presents the results of engine dynamometer and vehicle chassis dynamometer tests conducted with selected automotive retrofit devices in the classes of ultrasonic carburetors, high-velocity intake manifolds, tuned exhaust systems, and high energy ignition systems. The test results obtained by the two test methods are compared and discussed.
- See also rept. dated Nov 75, PB-252 554, and PB-252 555.
Aerospace Corporation2350 East El Sequdo Boulevard
El Sequndo, CA USA 90245
Transportation Systems CenterEnvironment and Energy Conservation Division
Cambridge, MA USA
- HINTON, M G
- FORREST, L
- LEE, W B
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 99 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Automotive engineering; Carburetion; Carburetors; Fuel conservation; Intake valves; Internal combustion engines; Motor vehicle bodies; Performance tests; Spark ignition engines; Sprayers; Vehicle power plants; Volatilization
- Old TRIS Terms: Atomizers; Automobile bodies; Automobile engines; Intake systems; Motor vehicle engines; Vaporizing
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00151160
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-76-19
- Contract Numbers: F04701-74-C-0075
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 2002 12:00AM