STUDY OF FUTURE PARATRANSIT REQUIREMENTS. SCENARIO REPORT
The overall objective of the study is to define the future dimensions and characteristics of paratransit and the requirements for testing innovative transportation services for the development of new vehicles, and for ways to overcome legal and institutional constraints. The analysis is based on urban scenarios projected into the 1980-95 time frame and representative of a large number of locations. The report describes how these scenarios were constructed and evaluated and how the findings were aggregated for the entire U.S.
Voorhees (Alan M) and Associates, IncorporatedCambridge, MA United States
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 233 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Emergency vehicles; Fiber optics; Fleet management; Forecasting; Innovation; Land use; Legal factors; Level of service; Paratransit services; Research; Testing; Travel demand; Urban areas; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet; Public service vehicles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00151158
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0104-77-1Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-50023
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 30 1981 12:00AM