2GC SENSITIVITY STUDY. URBAN TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEM (UTCS) SOFTWARE SUPPORT PROJECT
The UTCS-1 simulation model, modified for UTCS Second Generation Control (2GC), was used to evaluate the sensitivity of 2GC to five traffic control parameters related to ideal link offsets and timing plan optimization. The simulation testing was conducted under varying traffic conditions on portions of the UTCS Washington, D.C. network. Results, as evaluated against a standardized MOE set, showed that performance can be improved when the predicted speeds used in computing ideal link offsets are multiplied by a section-wide scalar, and this technique was recommended for incorporation into 2GC algorithms.
Honeywell Inc.600 Second St. N.E.
Hopkins, MN USA 55343
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Highway traffic control; Intersections; Networks; Offsets (Traffic signal timing); Optimization; Sensitivity; Simulation; Software; Traffic control; Traffic signals; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic control systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00151157
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76-140 Final Rpt., 46434, FCP 32B2-512
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8317
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM